Fundamentals of Child Protection
The Fundamentals of Child Protection eLearning course will help you understand child abuse and neglect, the impact on children and young people and how you can help.
It’s essential for all people who work with children and young people and is used by thousands of people around Aotearoa New Zealand.
New Zealand’s first online course in child protection developed by our nationally recognised child protection experts. Our award-winning course takes best practice from around the world and applies it in an NZ context.
- Format: 5 lessons including short video clips, quizzes and reading
- Duration: 2-3 hours
- Qualification: Certificate available
- Payment options: $45 per person including GST
- Delivery: Online via our website – work at your own pace
Who is this course for?
- Anyone who works with children in a professional or volunteer capacity
What will I learn?
- Why protecting children from abuse and neglect is important
- How to recognise the signs of abuse and neglect
- The challenges and barriers you may face
- Your responsibilities: what to do when you are concerned about a child
- Relevant legislation in NZ and how it applies to you, including The Privacy Act 1993 and the Children’s Act 2014
What do our learners say?
This course has been completed by more than 7,000 people across NZ, from major healthcare providers and national sporting codes to small community organisations and educators.
In a survey of learners:
- 98 per cent said the course was easy to navigate
- 100 per cent said the course helped them understand child neglect, abuse and vulnerability and would help them to protect a child in the future
- 100 per cent said they would recommend the course to others