Local Government Children’s Workers – Child Protection Course
Gain the skills you need with Local Government Children’s Workers – Child Protection Course.
*** For alternative payment options, please click on ‘Further Information’ below ***
What will I learn?
- Understand why protecting children and young people from abuse and neglect is important.
- Be able to recognise signs of potential abuse and neglect.
- How to report your concerns, and to whom, and how to document them.
- To be confident to follow the ‘Four R’s’ approach: recognise, respond, report and record.
Who is this course for?
There are two types of children’s worker – ‘core’ or ‘non-core’. A core worker may be someone who is the only person present with children or young people, or a person who has primary authority, or responsibility, for children and young people including (but not limited to):
- Customer service representative
- Community centre advocate
- Lifeguards and swim coach
Format: 8 lessons including short video clips, quizzes and reading
Duration: 1.5 – 2 hours
Certificate: Certificate of Completion issued on successful completion of course
Price (incl.GST): $45.00 per person
CREDIT CARD – Online credit card payment (‘Add to cart’) is recommended for purchasing a course for an individual.
INVOICE – If purchasing this course for a group, please click here to complete our Invoice Request Form. An invoice can also be requested for single course purchases. Once an invoice is paid an access code will be emailed to the purchaser. This code can then be forwarded to those needing to create a Safeguarding Children account and begin their online course.