THANK YOU for supporting Child Protection Week 2021!
A huge thank you for supporting our first annual Child Protection Week.
We want every week to be child protection week. Every day, every week, our children protected from abuse and neglect everywhere they go. The purpose of Child Protection Week is to raise awareness, support and educate, and to spread the word about what you can do to help protect the children across New Zealand. We strongly believe and always promote the notion that safeguarding children and child protection takes people, services, agencies and communities working together. If everybody does their piece of the puzzle, children will be safer everywhere they go.
Here are some of our favourite stats and facts from this year’s awareness week!
- Child Protection Week 2021 ran from Sunday 5 September – Saturday 11 September.
- Over 600 people participated in one of our expert online training courses!
- Nearly 250 people learnt what it meant to work or volunteer in a child-safe organisation with our free informative webinar.
- We posted messages and shared resources to help spread the word on social media, and over 1,000 people engaged with our CPW activity on our channels.
- Ten people won free registration for one of our online webinar/eLearning courses.
- We surveyed over 500 parents or full-time caregivers across New Zealand, of children under 18 years old, to understand their awareness and concerns about child protection measures in organisations, groups and clubs charged with protecting children under 18, in their care.
- Alongside this we interviewed 268 people in organisations where they supervise children under 18 years old, across New Zealand*
*Keep an eye on our channels for the results coming soon!
We promise to continue to do our work to help the children and young people of Aotearoa.
Please check back next year as Child Protection Week will be an annual event!