New Zealand’s leading online child protection training provider
The below training is delivered via a recorded webinar.
We recommend Google Chrome as your browser for best learning experience.
Disclosures Recorded Webinar
This training is for anyone working with children and young people. The course will equip you with the understanding of the many different ways children and young people can disclose. It will give you the tools to feel more confident in handling those disclosures in a sensitive and effective way.
The cost of this recorded webinar is per person and is available to watch for 5 days.
Further Information About Disclosures
What will I learn?
- Different types of disclosure.
- How to respond effectively to those different types of disclosures.
- Navigating a disclosure.
- How to create an organisation that children and young people feel is safe to disclose abuse and neglect within.
- What international research tells us are the things that children and young people need during and after a disclosure.
- The 7 R’s.
- Internal and external risks.
- Barriers to responding.
- Information sharing.
- Reporting thresholds.
Who is this course for?
- Early Childhood Education
- Education Providers – primary, intermediate, secondary schools & out of school care
- Specialist Education – learning support schools
- Social Services
- Healthcare – doctors, nurses, therapists, counsellors etc
- Faith Groups
- Youth Services
Format: Recorded Webinar with PowerPoint presentation
Resources: Downloadable course handout and supporting documents
Delivery: Pre-recorded Webinar
Duration: Webinar – 2.5 hours plus course quiz
Certificate: Certificate of completion issued via email upon completion of course
Price (incl.GST): $50.00
CREDIT CARD – Online credit card payment (‘Add to cart’) is recommended for purchasing a course for an individual.
INVOICE – If purchasing this course for a group, please click here to complete our Invoice Request Form. An invoice can also be requested for single course purchases. Once an invoice is paid an access code will be emailed to the purchaser. This code can then be forwarded to those needing to create a Safeguarding Children account and begin their online course.
“The presentation from beginning to end was culturally appropriate, well presented, well explained, easy to follow, relevant and informative.”
“Very informative and included very practical info that can be implemented straight into my work.”
“Excellent communication and processes. Knowledgeable and effective presenter. Considerable and relevant content.”
This webinar will introduce you to the core elements of a child-safe organisation, and the steps organisations can take to make their place, safer for children. The webinar will point you to the development work your organisation needs to move forward on this journey.