Child protection training and support to help people and organisations safeguard children
The only online child protection courses created for Aotearoa New Zealand. Our courses are built on our experience on the front line working with children and young people, families and communities, and the experiences and reflections of people like you living and working in New Zealand’s communities.
The courses contain the latest research and information nationally and globally, and combine video clips, quizzes and reading to help you learn effectively.
Take one of our courses and you will:
- Understand your responsibilities in relation to child protection
- Learn the importance of safeguarding and how early intervention produces the best outcomes for children and families
- Gain the essential knowledge and skills to apply your knowledge in real-life situations
- Work at your own pace
- Add vital learning to your Continuing Professional Development
We offer a range of face-to-face training courses, with scheduled dates throughout the year, as well as bespoke training courses for organisations.
Our Child Protection seminars and workshops are presented by highly experienced practitioners and include:
- Child Protection Seminar Level 1
- Child Protection Refresher
- Child Protection Policy Workshop
- Internet Safety Seminar
- Applied Child Protection Practice
- Safeguarding Organisations and Staff
- Vulnerability, Attachment and Child Development Seminar
An increasingly popular option is for one of our experienced presenters to deliver this training via webinar. You are provided with a copy of the webinar for staff who were unable to attend, to watch and learn at a later date.
Child Safe Organisations
We work with many different organisations, from leading national businesses to small community groups, to help them create organisational cultures that protect children.
First we get to understand your needs and assess where your organisation is on its child protection journey. We then design a bespoke solution which works for you and puts children and their safety at the centre of all you do.
Solutions may include:
- Auditing or developing a robust child protection policy and procedures
- Bespoke staff training tailored to your needs
- Staff surveys at key stages of your journey, to evaluate progress and outcomes
Child Protection Policies
We recommend any organisation that comes into contact with children has a child protection policy in place. If you receive direct or indirect government funding, this is a requirement under the Children Act 2014. A child protection policy, if it is do its job properly, needs to be a relevant, ‘living’ document that guides staff and volunteers effectively. Too often the creation of a policy is a ‘tick box exercise’, cut and pasted from other documents; perhaps it is not used or known by staff, or it is difficult to understand.
We can help you put together a child protection policy for your organisation, review your existing policy and also help you embed a culture of child protection in your organisation. Everyone should know about your policy and associated procedures – including the children in your care.