Training and resources to help you
protect tamariki from abuse and neglect
We help you keep tamariki in Aotearoa New Zealand safe
Safeguarding Children have exciting changes afoot regarding our online learning.
We will soon be transferring all eLearning accounts we have on file to a new learning management system (LMS). If you purchase an eLearning course or recorded webinar TODAY, the training purchased will be available for completion up until MONDAY 6th JUNE 2022, 11:59pm.
After this date, if you have not completed the training it will be reset to the beginning under your account in the new system. You will be notified of your new account login when this is available to access. Anticipated launch date of the new LMS and availability to clients is Wednesday 15th June 2022. If you have any questions, please contact us or phone 027 772 4469.
Our vision: The children and young people of Aotearoa New Zealand are safe from abuse and neglect.
Safeguarding Children is a registered charity (cc49059) and a leading provider of safeguarding and child protection education and guidance in New Zealand.
We have trained over 33,000 New Zealanders on how to recognise and respond to child abuse and neglect. We know that training alone is not enough, so we work with organisations to create and embed systems, processes and strategies to create a child safe culture. A proactive, preventative approach produces the best outcomes for children, organisations and staff.
We offer a range of services to suit the needs of any individual or organisation that works with children and young people.
We all have a part to play. Work with us to make a difference to the lives of children.
Who we currently partner and collaborate with
As a recognised expert, Safeguarding Children has worked with numerous organisations across a range of sectors within New Zealand to help meet their safeguarding and child protection needs.
- In conjunction with Te Rito Maioha, Safeguarding Children developed a child protection eLearning course for the Ministry of Education specifically designed for the Early Childhood Education sector.
- On behalf of Oranga Tamariki, our facilitators have delivered Information Sharing training to educate people on relevant legislation to ultimately assist children at risk or in harmful situations.
- Oranga Tamariki have contracted Safeguarding Children to develop, implement and train vulnerable communities in child protection policies and procedures to ensure the wellbeing of children in their care.
- A significant project with Sport New Zealand has seen child protection training and resources being made readily available to people involved in all levels of the sporting sector, from volunteers to high level management.
- Werry Workforce approached Safeguarding Children to deliver a bespoke webinar series for their subscribers.
- John Parsons is an Internet Safety Consultant and Presenter who has worked with us as a specialist presenter and advisor for a number of years. He is a national Internet Safety and Risk Assessment Consultant to schools, the private and health sectors, providing specialist advice and direction on the safe use of Digital Communication Technology.
- We are excited to be working alongside Empowerment Trust, a primary prevention educator teaching skills and strategies to help keep people emotionally and physically safe from all forms of violence and abuse. The vision and services both organisations provide is synergistic with each other, it’s a natural partnership!